Jonquille Pak, Partner
A former naval reservist, Employment Lawyer Jonquille Pak knows what it takes to get the job done right.
Jonquille is a Partner at Whitten & Lublin. For many years, she worked at one of Canada’s top full service law firms advising many of its large corporate clients on employment and labour issues in a wide variety of sectors, including manufacturing, commercial, education, financial services, health care, telecommunications and media. It is Jonquille’s vast experience as a lawyer for management that also allows her to understand how to win when hired by employee clients.
Jonquille has appeared as co-counsel and lead counsel before various tribunals and courts, including the Ontario Superior Court, the Federal Court, the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal, the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal, and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.
Jonquille is no stranger to unionized workplaces and has exclusively represented and advised employers with regard to a variety of union issues, including grievance arbitration proceedings, interest arbitration proceedings, Ontario Labour Board proceedings, collective agreement interpretation and collective bargaining.
She also focusses on business immigration and mobility, assisting both companies and foreign workers with regard to work permits, intra-company transfers, business visitors, and labour market opinions.
A firm believer that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, Jonquille provides strategic pro-active advice to clients to avoid costly and unnecessary litigation down the road.
Jonquille graduated cum laude from the University of Ottawa Faculty of Law. Prior to law school, she earned her Masters Degree in economics at the University of British Columbia. During her academic career, she received many fellowships, scholarships and awards for academic achievements.
Click on the links below to read about Jonquille’s decisions:
- Marrelli Support Services Inc. v. Chu
- Kingston Whig v KTU, Local 30204
- Malcom v Starbrite
- S.S. v. Slimband,  Ont. SCJ, Court File No. 14-9449
- UFCW Local 333 (“Union”) v. Paragon Protection LTD.
- Ellis v. Paragon Security
- ELIZABETH FORSYTH v. BLUE ROCK WEALTH MANAGEMENT INC.
- IBM & Leeming
- MTS & Eadie, 2014
- MTS & Eadie, 2015
- Glebe Centre & ONA
- Society of Energy Professionals & CFJ Nuclear Contractors Ltd
Some of Jonquille’s recent news publications are listed below:
- HR Reporter, “Ontario bans employer clawbacks on tips”
- Global News,”Firing your employee for good reason may be more costly than you think,“
- Global News, ”Company monitoring of former employee’s personal email considered unlawful,“
- Global News, ”Saying goodbye to older workers,“
- Glebe Centre Incorporated v. Ontario Nurses’ Association
- Eadie v. MTS Inc.
Jonquille also understands the importance of giving back to the community. Jonquille has sat on the board of directors of a charitable organization dedicated to assisting vulnerable women and also volunteers her time as a mentor to young professional women.
Jonquille can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org