Severance Pay Calculator
Companies offer severance packages that they believe employees will accept, which is not necessarily the same severance package that a judge would consider fair. Why? They know that many people will just agree to what they are first offered because they don’t know that they are entitled to more.
This is where Whitten & Lublin’s free severance pay calculator Ontario tool can help. The severance calculator is designed to provide you with a guide for your possible severance, and takes into account thousands of court decisions across Ontario over the past 30 years.
When judges calculate fair severance packages, they take into account your age, tenure, position and past precedents, which are cases with similar facts as yours. Our severance calculator pay calculator Ontario tool recreates this legal test and provides you with a basis for questioning whether your severance pay is fair. Don’t settle for less, try it now.
Are you entitled to a settlement?
Find out how much it may be.
Fill out the fields below to get started
Fill out the fields below
Why You Need An Employment Lawyer
If any of the following factors apply to your case, the severance calculator cannot accurately assess your severance. Contact our team of experts for an accurate opinion. Call us now at 416.640.2667 or fill in our consultation request form to the right.
Your Pay Entitlement Range
Important Factors That Affect Your Severance Entitlement
- Employment contractual terms and policies regarding severance
- Unclear termination date
- Any period of working notice
- Reemployment offers and reemployment
- Company payroll size
- Medical condition/disability
- Leave of absence
- Inducement or recruitment
- Promises of secure employment
- Availability of comparable work
- Type of Industry
- Geographic location
- Post-employment restrictions (e.g. non-compete/non-solicit)
- Fixed or defined term employment
- Seasonal employment
- Elect to work employment and
- Previous positions
- Union Membership
How to calculate Severance Pay?
- Watch our Founding Partner, Daniel Lublin, discuss severance pay with The Globe and Mail addressing some important questions such as:
- How is severance calculated?
- Are there any rules that people can turn to understand what they can get?
What if you did not receive a fair package?
If you have received a severance package in any form, you should meet with an employment lawyer at our firm before taking any other steps or trying to negotiate on your own as this may harm your claim for better termination pay terms. Call Whitten & Lublin Employment Lawyers and let us help you get the severance you deserve. Contact us Today!
How do we help?
We exclusively practice in Employment Law. We routinely counsel employees with respect to severance pay in Ontario in cases of wrongful dismissals, constructive dismissal or any other kind of termination. We can ensure the deal being offered to you is responsible and fair, or if not, we will take steps on your behalf to ensure you are offered a considerably improved package.