Call us at 1-866-658-68111451959759_phone 1451959766_mail
#1 Recommended Employment Lawyers Greater Toronto Area

Ministry of Labour Complaints

Generally, each province has a statutory complaint mechanism available for claims where an employer has contravened the applicable employment standards legislation.

In Ontario, the Ministry of Labour enforces the Ontario Employment Standards Act, 2000. Employees are free to file complaints for any alleged violation of the Act, including, but not limited to:

  • Failure to pay termination and severance pay;
  • Reinstatement after a leave of absence;
  • Overtime pay;
  • Vacation pay;
  • Hours of work and eating periods;
  • Payment of wages;
  • Reprisals; and
  • Public holidays.

Get it right – consult with Whitten & Lublin Employment & Labour Lawyers  

Depending on the type of claim being made, there is a limit on how much money can be recovered through the Ministry of Labour.  For example, there is a cap on termination and/or severance pay, but there is no maximum award for violations of the parental or maternity leave provisions of the legislation.

Determining where to bring a certain complaint or legal claim requires assistance.  Don’t leave your case to chance – Call the lawyers with expertise at Whitten & Lublin Employment & Labour Lawyers.