Call us at 1-866-658-68111451959759_phone 1451959766_mail
#1 Recommended Employment Lawyers Greater Toronto Area

The Labour Relations Act and Duty of Fair Representation

Unionized employees are represented by a trade union and are generally unable to sue their employers in court.  Instead, unionized employees must follow the guidelines set out in the Collective Agreement, which is a written agreement addressing the employment relationship between the employer, union, and employees.

Where a unionized employee alleges that he or she has been treated by their union in an arbitrary, discriminatory or bad faith manner, a complaint may be filed with the Ontario Labour Relations Board or the Canadian Industrial Labour Relations Board for federally regulated employees.

If you are a unionized employee and have a grievance that is not being pursed, contact Whitten & Lublin Employment & Labour Lawyers to discuss your case in detail.