The Canadian workplace presents many potential privacy legal issues. Consider these questions:
- Is your workplace computer and the contents contained within your personal files or do they belong to your employer?
- Does your employer have a legal right to monitor your activity with or without your knowledge?
- How may personal content that you post on social media impact your employment?
- As an employer, what legal rights do you have to terminate an employee based on off-duty behaviour that you have seen publicized on social media?
Our expert lawyers can help you address privacy issues in the workplace
We have helped thousands of employer and employee clients understand how privacy in the workplace can affect employment and we can provide expert legal counsel pertaining to:
- Privacy rights in the workplace;
- Public and private sector legislation governing privacy;
- Legal rights regarding collection and use of personal information;
- Types of information an employer can legally gather and disclose; and
- Penalties for violating Canadian privacy laws.
Read our employment law articles about Privacy Issues and Social Media and the Workplace for more information.