Good quality lawyers deserve their reputations just as they deserve to be paid for their work. The lawyers at Whitten & Lublin are no different in this respect. But where we do differ is that we understand that, after a termination or job loss, your finances can be seriously affected, in some cases making it difficult if not impossible to pay for the bulk of your claim up front.
At Whitten & Lublin we have various written fee arrangements with our clients that are designed to make practical sense of the situation. These include:
- Deferred payment plans;
- Hybrid fee arrangements;
- Flat rate quotes;
- Contingency agreements; and
- Hourly rate agreements.
When it comes to our legal fees, Whitten & Lublin is committed to the following principles:
1) Our fee arrangements will be discussed with you up front;
2) You will be given an opinion on the merits of your case and the potential costs of following it through from beginning to end;
3) You will participate in an open and transparent discussion about our fee structures that will in almost all cases be confirmed in writing;
4) An explanation of the pros and cons of any settlement offer, along with details of the fees you will or have incurred (and any contribution towards fees), prior to being asked to make a decision about the offer; and
5) Advice about structuring the legal fees and any potential settlement in the most tax advantageous manner.
Whitten & Lublin’s Governing Principles
At Whitten & Lublin Employment & Labour Lawyers, we have an established set of governing principles that apply to every client we represent. We promise to provide the following:
- Lawyers who work exclusively in the area of workplace law. We are not “generalists” dabbling in this area.
- Lawyers, law clerks and staff who are passionate about our work and truly care about your file and needs.
- Lawyers who are personally recommended to our clients by our peers in the legal community and past clients.
- A firm with extensive experience in workplace law developed from handling thousands of similar cases.
- Lawyers and staff that are available during regular business hours and who are committed to returning your telephone calls and emails in a timely fashion.
- Specialized intake officers trained to discuss your potential case from 8:30 a.m. until 8:30 p.m.
If you have any questions or concerns about our guiding principles please contact either of our founding partners: