Employment Law Practice
- Wrongful Dismissal in Ontario
- Constructive Dismissal in Ontario
- Reasonable Notice
- Severance Packages
- Cause for Dismissal
- Employment Contracts
- Independent Contractor vs. Employee
- Human Rights and Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Statutory Complaints
- Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Non- Competition Agreements
- Damages for Bad Faith, Mental Distress and Personal Injury
- Personal Harassment or Bullying
- Employment Insurance Benefits
- Workplace Investigations
- Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Privacy Issues and the Workplace
- Unionized Employees and Duty of Fair Representation Complaints
- Conspiracy Claims in Employment Law
- Class Action / Mass Terminations
If you have been sexually harassed at work, you should immediately meet with an employment lawyer to decide which course of action is most appropriate and what steps to take in order to advance your claim or complaint.
The Supreme Court of Canada defines sexual harassment as “unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that affects the work environment or leads to adverse job related consequences for the victims of the harassment…”
Sexual harassment encompasses a wide range of unwelcome conduct of a sexual or gender-related nature including, but not limited to:
- Verbal comments;
- Unreasonable solicitations; and
- Gestures or physical conduct
Employees who are subject to sexual harassment have a variety of options available to them, including a human rights claim, a lawsuit or other statutory complaints.
If you have been sexually harassed at work, or by a work colleague while off-duty you should immediately arrange to meet with one of our employment lawyers at Whitten & Lublin Employment & Labour Lawyers to decide which course of action is most appropriate and what steps to take in order to advance your claim or complaint.
Our lawyers have experience with pursuing and defending claims of sexual harassment and have restored reputations tarnished by allegations of harassment.
Read our employment law articles about Sexual Harassment for more information.