Employment Law Practice
- Wrongful Dismissal in Ontario
- Constructive Dismissal in Ontario
- Reasonable Notice
- Severance Packages
- Cause for Dismissal
- Employment Contracts
- Independent Contractor vs. Employee
- Human Rights and Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Statutory Complaints
- Non-Solicitation Agreements
- Non- Competition Agreements
- Damages for Bad Faith, Mental Distress and Personal Injury
- Personal Harassment or Bullying
- Employment Insurance Benefits
- Workplace Investigations
- Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Privacy Issues and the Workplace
- Unionized Employees and Duty of Fair Representation Complaints
- Conspiracy Claims in Employment Law
- Class Action / Mass Terminations
Class Action / Mass Terminations
Many employers engage in various tactics to reduce their workforce such as:
- Large scale restructuring;
- Mass layoffs;
- Group terminations; and/or
- “Voluntary” pay cuts.
In many cases, these changes create situations that affect numerous employees in the same manner – giving rise to a potential class action employment law claim.
Whitten & Lublin can help you
At Whitten & Lublin Employment & Labour Lawyers we have provided representation in group employment law claims or mass wrongful dismissal actions. Our firm represented one of the largest group wrongful dismissal cases in Canadian history – and we won.
Read our employment law articles about Class Action/Mass Terminations for more information and our google reviews to see why we are consistently referred to as one of “Canada’s Top Employment Lawyers”.